There is your answer: About $10.15 / hour [10 dollars & 15 cents per hour]
And the hourly rate can be as low as $5 / hour during a slow down. So, is it worth it? Just about! Both Lyft & Uber are hardscrabble methods of earning an income. 🙂 It is worth it only if you really have no alternative; in desperate need [when times are hard]; if you want real-time, quick cash in trickles and don’t want to fill out a job application & face an ass in a job interview. There is no job interview but an extensive background check for sure. It is worth it if you have all the required tools readily in your hands, which means:
- A good 4 door vehicle with all paper work in very clean order [Money! Money! Money! And more money!]
- A good mobile phone & upfront money for an unlimited data plan
- Of course, gasoline tank filled to the brim
Our tips for you:
- Only target requests that are within about 10 minutes
- So, position yourself accordingly because you do not want to be picking someone who is 28 minutes then he/she cancels on you
- Or you may spend plenty time traveling to pick up someone who will just be taking a quickie around the block, to the liquor store of all places!
- Avoid driving after mid-night because good people can do strange things during those hours
- Avoid driving in the inner city, especially around college students, because:
- (1) Roads will be rough on you and your car
- (2) You will be doing plenty short $3 rides [you will be spending much more time driving to pick people up than dropping them off]
- If you find yourself in the hood [which means a rough neighborhood], turn the damn app off because you will get people with very bad attitudes over there [that is an easy way to get low ratings… Just from experience!]
- Your radius moves with you, which means you will certainly end up in very rough places [the Lyft algorithm will add clients onto your pick-up bucket without your participation].
…Then do not forget to clean your car then fill up the gasoline tank every single day. Also, be prepared for heavy exhaustion from plenty driving around the city as you pick people up and drop them off. Oh, just be careful of people with a nasty attitude [who just cannot wait to give you a nasty star rating] along the way as you try to help them get home, to work or the beer hall. Yes! Yes! Be prepared for stinky jackets that will stink your car seats with oily odors from left-over food as well! …Oh, come on!!! It’s not that baaad.
The best thing about Lyft is of course you get to meet people you would never otherwise have met in your life. Many people you pick up will genuinely uplift you, put a smile on your face and brighten your day. With Lyft, you may truly get to overcome all your prejudices, negative attitudes toward people, their skin color, and whatever hurting load you may be carrying around. Other great issues about Lyft:
- There is no dreadful job interview & no bothering people for a job reference [only an extensive background check via your Social Security Number & driver’s license]
- They appear to be honest with their number$
- The immediacy [you work now, get paid pronto right now!]
- Drive whenever you want & stop whensoever you please [great for studying!]
God bless the Internet economy because the Internet economy will surely overcome the old-school racist job-interview-job-reference gate-keeping employment system & economy!
#lyftdriver #uber #lyft #uberdriver #becomeuberdriver #impietechie #imperialtechnologies #impiereal